Thursday, May 19, 2005

Satan is at work

This posting may be seen as controversial, however I feel the need to post this information and I pray God will use it for His purposes and for His glory.

I have been thinking a lot about the work of Satan lately. I think it is easy for me to forget about this in my daily life.

I Peter 5:8 says, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (NIV)

It is easy sometimes to overlook difficult times in life and not see things as instruments of the Devil for his purposes.

Romans 6:13 says, “Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.” (NIV)

Satan's schemes and activities can make us discouraged. As I think about somethings going on in life right now it is easy to become discouraged. The more I think about these things I realise in the grander scheme of life and God's work they really just do not matter. Let me give you an example so you can understand better. On the mission trip my wife and I are leading along with one leader, there have been many discussions this week about what can be worn while we are in Thailand. Of what eternal significance is there to what we wear while we are in Thailand. How easy it is sometimes for Satan to distract us from the really important to the temporal, unimportant things. I have purposed to trust God to lead me into matters which are of eternal importance and leave the rest for God to handle. He is in control anyway. I need to surrender control to Him.

The challenge I receive today is to not be naïve to the fact that Satan is at work and his desire to use whomever and whatever to achieve his objectives. I need to continually bathe the work of God in prayer that God's workers may be protected from the enemy's attacks.

Addendum: Today I was to submit the quarterly Discovery Series booklet for the October-November-December Spanish & Portuguese offer. My boss informed me of a change in this booklet due to the great popularity of The DaVinci Code in Latin America. We will now be offering our Discovery Series booklet called The DaVinci Code: Separating Fact From Fiction. RBC Ministries has created a website with information about this book. Feel free to check it out. Also, let this serve as another reminder of Satan's work in this age.

No comments: