Sunday, September 09, 2007

Baby shower, praises

We had a wonderful baby shower yesterday with so many friends from all walks of life attending. We were showered with a lot of gifts that now have formed a mound in our dining room. The task of going through them is daunting, however it is an opportunity for us to praise the Lord for another example of his unending provision toward us and our soon coming baby.

This morning as I was praying I was worrying a little bit about how we were going to do day care for our baby once she is born and Becca goes back to work. Sure enough God spoke to me through His Word in Exodus 33:12-17. Moses in this passage is basically freting about things he doesn't need to worry about; kind of like me worrying about day care. God knows my name and I remain faithful to Him, He will remain faithful to us. Either way a part of God's unchangeable character is Jehovah Jireh, the LORD who provides.

I am so thankful to have a personal relationship with a God who hears my prayers and communicates with me as His child.

No comments: