Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Enemy is definitely still on the job...

I have been convinced for a long time that the Enemy is still at work, but this reality has been driven home to us today. The church we are attending had a no confidence vote today for the current pastor (who is a very good friend of ours). The vote ended up being 13 having no confidence and 3 having confidence. I can't say the pastor is perfect; no one is perfect except Jesus Himself. I also can't say he hasn't done anything wrong because I am sure he has at some point, but what I can say with certainly is, I believe the vision he has for the church is from God and the reasons for no confidence in him are from Satan himself. I could say the unfavorable people are just against change, but I don't think that accurately covers the scope of what is happening. Spiritual warfare is being waged and we must stand up and fight. I am thankful the pastor of the church wants to continue to fight amidst must opposition. Please pray for him and his family. Also, please let this story and others which could be told serve as a reminder "...Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" (I Peter 5:8).

No comments: