Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just finished a book...

I just finished reading Dispatches From the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters and Survival by Anderson Cooper. For my generation, he is remembered as a correspondent on Channel One News and now has his own program on CNN called Anderson Cooper 360°. The book was interesting (though not the best written book I've read lately). In the book Anderson is recounting his experiences in Sarajevo, Sri Lanka, Somalia and New Orleans while covering world events for Channel One and CNN. I did find it interesting how these experiences caused him to reflect on events in his own life. There is the tendency to comparmentalize life and not let certain events at work effect your personal life. Anderson realized while writing book that it is helpful to work through things like this as they come up. The book also shows me how busy a life Anderson has and how grateful I am that I can come home at the end of the day and leave work behind (even if I have to work an extra hour). I know I have the tendency to covet things I don't have sometimes and books like this make me grateful for what the Lord has given us. My job is to be content. This is a day to day battle. Some days are certainly better than others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm mad you like Anderson Cooper better than me from our Channel One days!

Rawley Valverde