Saturday, March 05, 2005

House hunting

Wow! Two posts in one week. I am posting more efficiently for a change.

House hunting is draining, I don't care what anyone says. On Thursday we looked at 5 homes in Grand Rapids. We fell in love with one home and put an offer for it on Friday morning. A couple of hours later we withdrew this offer because we were not 100% comfortable with the home. There is an expression "God protects fools and Irishmen." I am not saying we are fools, but I am saying God was protecting us. We found out in the end the home was re-done by a non-profit organisation to be sold to low income families. We could not have purchased this home anyway.

So...last night we drove by 24 different homes in Grand Rapids. We narrowed down this list to 8 homes we want to see. My theory is, if we want to move into a home on 28 May when our current lease is up then we need to get going. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share with everyone next week when we have looked at these 8 homes. We'll see.

No comments: