Monday, May 03, 2004

Wonderful missionary Sunday

My church invited a missionary couple, Joe & Ursula Morell to come and speak yesterday. They are missionary appointees with Biblical Ministries Worldwide to Sweden. They are a wonderful couple and I am so glad to have met them. I think the thing that impresses me the most about them is they are real people. Sometimes missionaries (and other Christian workers) desire to put their best face forward in order to impress the people they are with. This is not the case with the Morell's. Not that they are bad people, but you knew they were being themselves.

They are pretty far along in the pre-field ministry process and hope to be on the field in August. I am very excited to have met them and look forward to hearing about their ministry in the weeks and years to come.

However, this is what we planned for yesterday. In addition to what we planned, God planned...

Another missionary couple with United Indian Mission stopped by our church yesterday. I do not remember their last name but their first names are Wolfgang and Kelly. They are also missionary appointees headed to Mexico. They plan to do Missionary Aviation work when they arrive on the field.

The missions committee members and myself are still basking in the glow of a wonderful missions Sunday. I am so glad to have people around me at church that love missions and missionaries as much as I do. I am also glad to be marrying someone who shared my love for missions and the world.

TMSAISTI

No comments: