Thursday, June 10, 2004

Enough Of Everything

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV)

Another thought from my devotions today. I was blessed by this particularly as I approach my wedding this weekend.

The writer of the devotional shares: "Randy, our first child, went off to kindergarten with a 10-cent coin in his pocket to buy a carton of milk to go with his lunch. When he came home that afternoon, his mother asked if he had purchased the milk. "No," he replied, bursting into tears. "The milk was 5 cents and I only had a dime."

Our God "owns the cattle on a thousand hills, the wealth in every mine" as the old song says. I don't know about you, but at times I find myself reluctant to trust God because I don't think there will be enough for my needs. More specifically, during these days of wedding preparation, it has been difficult to give God the trust and faith He deserves. Ironically, I have felt better worrying about something than trusting God fully. I think the reason I have wanted to worry is because I feel that I am more in control. The irony here is that when I feel like I am the most in control, I am probably the least.

Allow me to quote the devotional meditation again: "The apostle Paul was not saying that we have enough grace to do anything we want to do. God does not offer us a blank check. No, Paul was giving us the assurance that we have enough grace to do whatever God has called us to do..."

What a challenging and freeing thought for me today. God will provide. This causes me to want to praise Him more, but also challenges me to trust Him more everyday.

These are my thoughts for today. I appreciate all of you so much. Thanks for praying for Becca and I are we approach Saturday!

Chris out

No comments: